In Pursuit Of Magic
Taking co-creation to the next level
Photo by Karly Santiago on Unsplash
Co-creation has become a bit of a buzz word in the communities I run in.
Communities of freelance workers, solo-preneurs, individual artists, creatives who are very much movers and shakers on the leading edge of the emerging future.
Full of enthusiasm for experimentation and hope for a better world the tension to make an impact drives people together to co-create.
It is exciting, exhilarating and a little scary.
In the face of our own tininess, the shadow of a big world and power of forces that are acting in it co-creation very easily segues into co-dependency.
We are human and it is a naturally human phenomena. However co-dependency transforms desire into need, needs erode boundaries and amplify neediness creating a downward spiral to at best the sum of its parts and at worst a brutal creation that everyone is glad to leave behind.
Synergy is the outcome of two or more individuals contributing their heart and talents to a shared Vision.
Synergy is greater than the sum of its parts. It is expansive, it fosters connection and opens up horizons and opportunities and it is MAGIC.
Here are 5 hallmarks of a synergistic creation:
1. It includes the purest expression of each actor's heart
2. Individual contributions are not dependent on the contributions of others
3. Individual contributions are amplified by the contributions of others
4. Each individual takes 100% responsibility for delivering on their truth
5. Each individual takes 100% responsibility for not compromising on what is true for them
However, not every co-creation is synergistic. Here are 5 easy to recognise markers of a co-dependent co-creation
1. Doesn't have the space for the purest expression of each actor's heart
2. There are dependencies that create tension leading to waiting, procrastination and scaling back on the vision
3. There are hierarchies, politics and power struggles
4. To a greater or lesser extent people abandon delivering on their truth in the face of challenges
5. Compromise is a wolf in sheep's clothing masquerading as 'balance and harmony'
I am all for working with others and firmly believe in the power of synergistic creation to transform our experience of life and create a better future.
Let us all aspire to work in synergy.
The future calls for it and my call is for us all to do the ground work to be the contributors we want to be in the projects we are working on:
1. Become masters of our personal sovereignty
2. Be custodians of our boundaries
3. Enhance our ability to handle tension, uncertainty and the mystery
4. Cultivate values of vision, intuition, personal awareness, self-determination, self-responsibility and compassion.
#future #synergy #cocreation #collaboration #codependency #inpursuitofmagic